Saturday, February 3, 2018

Giant / Big Rose Cake for Valentine's Day (with recipe and video instructions)

I posted the big rose cake a few years ago, and I found that the cake picture is still shared by people in Pinterest. It is so surprising!

At that time, I attached a video in Chinese cos I could not find video instruction in English at that time.

I tried to find again recently. I found one but there is no detailed recipe.

Here it is:https://www.littlethings.com/beautiful-rose-cake/

Thus, I translated the detailed recipe in the video in Chinese version for you (It is below the old post). Hope that people who like to bake cakes can try to make this pretty cake in Valentine's Day.

Below is the old post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend's friend made a big rose cake to his wife for Valentine's Day. That is really amazing!!

He is a man, who made the cake. That is so great!

I like it very much!  I like its shape and color. Do you like it?



In fact, this is not the first big rose cake that I saw. In November, one of my friend (who is a lady) made a similar cake too.

The purple rose looked good too.

This one should be bigger than the pink one.


 

The photo cannot show the side of the cake. The final product has a ribbon tied around it.
 
I tried to find some video teaching how to make this cake but I could not find one.

Thus, I just attach a video in Chinese for you. Hope that you can still get some idea on how to make it! : )
 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is the recipe of the cake in the above video for your reference:

15 cm Sponge Cake
Egg                      100g
Water                   25g
Sugar                   40g
Vanilla Oil           2 drops
Cake Flour            50g
Sponge Cake S.P. 10g
Baking Powder     1/8 tea spoon
Salt                       1/16 tea spoon
Evaporated Milk  10g
Unsalted Butter    20g

Strawberry Yogurt Mousse
Strawberry Taste Jelly 5g
Gelatin                         4g
Sugar                           5g
Vanilla Oil                  1 drop
Water                          10g
Strawberry Puree        55g
Whipping Cream (whipped) 100g
Yogurt                                   45g
Cherry Wine                         5g

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more food art ideas, please go to my Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/shinekidscrafts/food-art-for-kids/



1 comment:

  1. Hi....the cake is absolutely stunning.
    Man is so professional. Does he make cakes for public? I would like to order. I cannot create such beauty yet but would like to get exactly this one for my husband.
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post:

20 Last Minute Easy & Super-Cute Easter Party Food

Still thinking about the Easter party food for your kids? This post may help you! All the food below are easy to make. Most important, the...