(below are extracted from: http://www.kaboose.com/)
What you'll need:
- Brown paper lunch bag
- White craft glue
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- 2 feet of ribbon infall colors
- A stir stick
- 2 sheets of newspaper
- Black marker
- Orange foam flower
- Construction paper: white/tan, brown, yellow, pink, orange
- Pattern for hat
How to make it:
- Trace the pattern onto white or tan construction paper. Cut out. Draw some
stitches onto the rim and hat top by making tic-tac-toe symbols.
- Lay the paper bag on a work surface with the flap side facing down. Glue the
wiggle eyes in place roughly three inches from the top of the bag.
- Cut out a triangle from the orange construction paper for the nose. Glue in
place slightly below the middle of the eyes.
- Cut out two circles from the pink construction paper. Glue on either side of
the nose, and draw a smile from the bottom of one circle to the other (see
photo). Draw a few stitches on the mouth.
- Use a marker to draw eyebrows above the eyes.
- Fold yellow construction paper in half, greeting card style. Cut along the
fold so you have two pieces. Cut one piece into thin strips. Starting at the top
of the bag, glue some strips on so they hang down like hair. Cut some strips
shorter for bangs.
- Cut a strip of brown construction paper to glue onto the hat top as the
band. Fringe- or scissor-cut the top of the hat brim piece. Glue the brim to the
hat top so it partially covers the brown brim.
- Glue the yellow foam flower to the hat. Cut out a circle from brown
construction paper and glue to the center of the flower.
- Glue the hat on top of the yellow hair.
- Carefully fill the bag with crumpled newspaper.
- Coat the first three inches of the paint stir stick with glue and insert
into the bottom of the bag.
- Crumple the bag around the stir stick, being careful not to let the end of
the bag stick to the stirrer.
- Tie a ribbon around the end of the bag, about two inches above the bottom.
Tie the ribbon in a tight knot and then tie into a bow to close the bag.
- Cut some of the leftover yellow strips in half or thirds and glue them to
the stick under the bag.
- Carry your scarecrow by the stir stick.